Remember Me?

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]
Page 1 of 3 Skip to Page:
< Older | Newer >
Topic: Lack of feedback response
Post #1 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Posted On: Mar. 30 2006, 6:42 AM
faucher

No avatar chosen

Group: Members

Member Rating: None

I've sent two feedback requests a few weeks ago to get some help resolving my inability to install n-track on my computer.  It hangs up during installation.  How long should I be waiting for technical assistance?  I'm even a paying customer!
Bob
Contact Information:  faucher

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #2 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Mar. 30 2006, 10:38 AM
Mark A

Member Rating: 2.27

Bob,

Flavio is usually excellent at replying quickly unless he is having a holiday, which he's obviously not as he's posted here recently.

There have been several cases in the past whereby Flavio's return email has failed to reach the recipient due to it either being an incorrect email address or maybe being filtered by a spam filter.  Check your email address or even try contacting Flavio with an alternative address.

Also, try posting you problem here.  Someone here may know how to fix it.

Mark
Contact Information:  Mark A

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #3 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Mar. 30 2006, 3:31 PM
faucher

No avatar chosen

My address is fine.  I've received TWO acknowledgments of my feedback requests.  Here is the problem:

n-Track version: 4.1.6
Operating system: Windows XP
Soundcard: Realtec AC97 audio, Digidesign Audiomedia III

I bought n-track Nov 2004 and installed it fine.  Computer had to be recently cleaned up and Windows re-installed.  I am not able to re-install 4.1.5 or 4.1.6 upgrades, nor do I have the older version. Once I get to the SECOND progress bar during installation, it suddenly stops halfway. The only way to get out of that freeze-up is to use the Task Manager and end process. The anti-virus software is not an issue (I use Grisoft AVG free).
Secondly, assuming I can resolve the install problem, will I be able to access my digital audio sound card Audiomedia III?  I need to input a DAT recording, so that I can edit and produce a CD.  I am running Service Pack 2 on XP.
Bob
207-283-1420

Video card:
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600+  2.08GHz

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #4 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Mar. 30 2006, 4:19 PM
TomS

Member Rating: 2.78

I had exactly the same problem trying to go from 4.0.5 to 4.2 last week, although I could not even use the task manager - I had to shut down the computer by holding the power button.  I have no anti virus software on my computer.  It's a P4 running XP home.  

When I did finally get it installed (after shutting down completely and starting up again and trying to start up n-Track, it finished the install), it gave me the error I described there - a missing DLL file.  

I can reproduce the problem on my computer, but I suspect Flavio cannot on his end.
Contact Information:  TomS

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #5 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Mar. 30 2006, 4:30 PM
faucher

No avatar chosen

Yeah!!  I have now successfully installed 4.1.6 after using the lastest download.  I've also changed my audio card to an m-Audio Audiophile 2496.  My latest problem is how do I get the program to record my DAT's digital input to that card?? Thanks, Bob

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #6 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Mar. 30 2006, 6:45 PM
TomS

Member Rating: 2.78

Gald to hear things are moving along.. :)  

Dunno a thing about the other question.  :(
Contact Information:  TomS

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #7 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Mar. 30 2006, 11:21 PM
jsmyers24151

If you give me an idea of what your ins and outs are on your DAT, and your board, I should be able to tell you how to configure your cables.

Jeff
Contact Information:  jsmyers24151

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #8 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Apr. 01 2006, 3:37 AM
faucher

No avatar chosen

I've got the correct input settings and correct audio card selected.  I"ve got a Sony DAT which sends a digital signal via digital coaxial cable to the digital IN of my m-audio 2496 card.  Problem is that no signal is received by n-track when monitoring or recording.  My whole set up worked well when I used ProTools and my Audiomedia III card in the past.  So, there are 3 possibilities: 1) somehow I'm no longer able to transmit digital info through my Dat cables  2) the digital input portion of my m-audio card is defective (the analog works) and 3) n-track is somehow not able to capture the digital signal properly entering my audio card.  Don't know how to test #1 except to bring my DAT and cable to a computer shop and see if I'm able to transmit the digital info to their sound equipment.
Bob

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #9 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Apr. 01 2006, 4:35 AM
jimbob

No avatar chosen

I would add another possibility. Your m-audio software drivers may not be functioning properly. Also check to make sure you have enabled the track and that the DAT really is connected to the SPDIF inputs (not an audio input) and have selected the SPDIF in N-tracks.

Jim
Contact Information:  jimbob

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #10
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Apr. 01 2006, 12:37 PM
woxnerw

Member Rating: 1.21

Hi Tom, Mark, and Guys:
I was confronted with an install issue between builds 2037 and 2042. I don't really know why that was.. sloom had some issues at that same time. He did quite a bit of "Windows" snooping.. I waited for build 2044 to get posted.. Sense then I have had no install launch issues..

I'm not sure if the install exe was at fault or just what IT was..

When I see other guys posting issues regarding an inability to install a later version/build of n-Track it makes me think the issue could be a combination of this .netframwork and or both .netframwork and SP 2 or the "Sum" of everything that microsoft adds to their security updates..

I don't know what IT is.. But I have decided to install all the minute builds as Flavio has posted them..

My thinking is this.. The builds may not be perfect and could have some code errors and all.. But there is few-if-any install/upgrade errors or no major "Hangs" to overcome..

Recentlly, I've been playing with Streamlining Windows for DAW applications.. The verdict is still out as to weather those changes to this machine is working better as a result of useing that system for this setup. Some items work much better but some of these ideas are suggesting that I need to come up with other work-arounds for my applications..

I've heard some guys.. as well as Mark.. say that one has to have dedicated machines for specific computer applications..

So, is an All-Around machine for computer applications possible? OR Can one computer Do-It-All?

Bill..
Contact Information:  woxnerw

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
< Older | Newer >
23 replies since Mar. 30 2006, 6:42 AM
Page 1 of 3 Skip to Page:

© 2014 n-Track Software