Remember Me?

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]
  n-Track Studio » n-Track Discussion Forum » n-Track Studio » n-Track Studio Discussion Forum » How do I add effects to only select parts of track
Page 1 of 1 Skip to Page:
< Older | Newer >
Topic: How do I add effects to only select parts of track
Post #1 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Posted On: Nov. 01 2018, 10:02 PM

No avatar chosen

Group: Members

Member Rating: None

So I have one long Vocal Track and I want to add Echo and some other effects to just certain parts of it. How do I select individual segments to be edited leaving the rest of the track untouched?  For example when I recorded with Cubase using an automator track was an easier way for me to learn to throw effects into various different parts of the original vocal track.  So in that sense I'm not even editing certain parts of the original track, I've just opened a whole nother track.  Would that be easier?  Gahhhh help please. I remember recording with Cubase and I would have to set up automator tracks to double over the trackAs you can tell I'm super noob status..., this is my first time posting so thanks for any help in advance.
Contact Information:  TheWorstJammerEver

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #2 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Nov. 06 2018, 10:05 PM
Ya, i, AM, got, free, beer.

Member Rating: 1.91

This can be accomplished very easily in -n-track, First add a new audio track, put effect on this track. Splice the section you want to have effects on, move splice to the new track. Place time line marker at the splice point on the main track by right clicking and select "place marker at cursor" this will place the marker exactly where you spliced it, then highlight you newly spliced section on the new track and right click and select, "place part at cursor". With these tools, it's easy to cut and move pieces along the time line with very accurate placement. This was a feature request I made some time ago to make the cutting a pasting of parts anywhere along the timeline very accurate with seamless audio and easy to do. To ensure your splices are always in time, be sure to click on the clock and set a high sample rate for you time line, This will make any spices on the time line very accurate and will also be compatible with similar DAWS timeline timing, should you want to import your audio track into another Daw.

Hope this helps,

PACO :)

M-Audio 49 Keys/Alesis Pad/Yamaha-DTX532K
Mic/Apex/435&180/AT2020
Line 6/UX2/Relay-G30
N.I./Komplete Audio 6/Guitar Rig 5/Pro
Fender 60th Anniv LE US Stratocaster/Aztec Gold/Gold Hardware
Gibson Les Paul 120th Anniversary/MinETune/Champagne Grey
Gibson SG 120th Anniversary/MinETune/Coco Brwn/Earvana Nut
Jackson Dinky/DK2M/Trans-Blue/Floyd Rose/Earvana Nut
Fender 300CE/Electric/Acoustic/Quilt Maple/Transparent Blue
Fender Squire Bass/Black/Tortoise Grey PG/EMG-JP4/18V
-
"Never put your head up your ass without a hat, otherwise you'll look like a S.H.I.T head"
-P. Skiinoff '2008
Contact Information:  Paco572

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #3 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Nov. 27 2018, 4:52 PM

Member Rating: None

Quote: (Paco572 @ Nov. 06 2018, 10:05 PM)

This can be accomplished very easily in -n-track, First add a new audio track, put effect on this track. Splice the section you want to have effects on, move splice to the new track. Place time line marker at the splice point on the main track by right clicking and select "place marker at cursor" this will place the marker exactly where you spliced it, then highlight you newly spliced section on the new track and right click and select, "place part at cursor". With these tools, it's easy to cut and move pieces along the time line with very accurate placement. This was a feature request I made some time ago to make the cutting a pasting of parts anywhere along the timeline very accurate with seamless audio and easy to do. To ensure your splices are always in time, be sure to click on the clock and set a high sample rate for you time line, This will make any spices on the time line very accurate and will also be compatible with similar DAWS timeline timing, should you want to import your audio track into another Daw.

Hope this helps,

PACO :)

hi paco

please could you give us few screenshots of this process?

im trying to add some Echo on the vocals track (like Op said) but i dont have it very clear at all....

regards!
Contact Information:  darivo

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #4
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Dec. 05 2018, 6:49 PM
No avatar chosen

Member Rating: 1.47

I haven't used this for a while, and you may have to play with it a bit.  However, another way would be to use the AUX feature.  In the left hand box of the track display, If  you pull/drag down on the bottom edge, it will expand.  Three windows/boxes will be displayed. On the bottom "box" you can change the behavior of envelopes.  Draw and envelope line and ten the section of the track to the AUX of that track.  Place the effect you want in the AUX and adjust the setting of the effect.
Contact Information:  bax3

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
< Older | Newer >
3 replies since Nov. 01 2018, 10:02 PM
Page 1 of 1 Skip to Page:
  n-Track Studio » n-Track Discussion Forum » n-Track Studio » n-Track Studio Discussion Forum » How do I add effects to only select parts of track

© 2014 n-Track Software