Remember Me?

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]
  n-Track Studio » n-Track Discussion Forum » n-Track Studio » n-Track Studio Discussion Forum » n-Track for Android adds USB & MIDI
Page 1 of 1 Skip to Page:
< Older | Newer >
Topic: n-Track for Android adds USB & MIDI
Post #1 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Posted On: May 16 2014, 8:06 PM

Group: Super Administrators

Member Rating: 1.25

Hi All,

we've just released n-Track Studio for Android 1.1 which adds USB audio and MIDI support, advanced editing features, multichannel recording and much more.

Flavio.
Contact Information:  Flavio Antonioli

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #2 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: May 16 2014, 9:15 PM

No avatar chosen

Group: Members

Member Rating: None

Hi there.  I may be doing something wrong but when I add a MIDI track and choose an instrument, most of them sound the same.  Also the Drum Kit just sounds like various pieces of percussion; there is no kick drum, snare, hi-hat etc.  Can you advise me what the issue might be.  I'm using N-Track 1.1 on a LG G Pad 8.3 running KitKat.
Contact Information:  souljah777

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #3 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: May 17 2014, 1:04 AM

Group: Super Administrators

Member Rating: 1.25

Quote: (souljah777 @ May 16 2014, 2:15 PM)

Hi there.  I may be doing something wrong but when I add a MIDI track and choose an instrument, most of them sound the same.  Also the Drum Kit just sounds like various pieces of percussion; there is no kick drum, snare, hi-hat etc.  Can you advise me what the issue might be.  I'm using N-Track 1.1 on a LG G Pad 8.3 running KitKat.

The bass drum is the C3 note, the acoustic snare is E3. If you're using the onscreen keyboard you may need to scroll the keyboard to the left. Press the left & right arrow icon to activate the scrolling on the keyboard.
Alternatively you can see all drums note names in the piano roll: double tap on a midi track, then zoom vertically to see on the left vertical piano the drum note names.
Also make sure you're using headphones: some drum samples don't make much sense when hear through a phone or tablet tiny speakers, which have no bass at all. The kick drum for example sounds extremely thin.

I'm not sure of what you mean when you say that the melodic sounds sound the same. Which sounds did you try? You should definitely hear the difference between say 'Acoustic grand piano' and 'Harmonica'.

Flavio.

Edited by Flavio Antonioli on May 17 2014, 1:06 AM
Contact Information:  Flavio Antonioli

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #4
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: May 18 2014, 9:10 AM

No avatar chosen

Group: Members

Member Rating: None

Thanks for the help. I hadn't noticed you could scroll and that has solved the issue. The sounds also seem to be OK now too (maybe it was just a device glitch); when I posted things like Slap Bass and Bagpipes were just sounding like an electronic organ. Thanks again.
Contact Information:  souljah777

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
< Older | Newer >
3 replies since May 16 2014, 8:06 PM
Page 1 of 1 Skip to Page:
  n-Track Studio » n-Track Discussion Forum » n-Track Studio » n-Track Studio Discussion Forum » n-Track for Android adds USB & MIDI

© 2014 n-Track Software