Remember Me?

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]
  n-Track Studio » n-Track Discussion Forum » n-Track Studio » n-Track Studio Discussion Forum » Stereo forces 5 Tracks? N-Track Studio 4.2.1
Page 1 of 1 Skip to Page:
< Older | Newer >
Topic: Stereo forces 5 Tracks? N-Track Studio 4.2.1
Post #1 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Posted On: Dec. 03 2010, 1:40 AM

No avatar chosen

Group: Members

Member Rating: None

N-Track Studio 4.2.1 (build 2099)

When I create a new blank audio track, I then click the Record icon on the track and it shows "M-Audio Delta ASIO Stereo". The live monitring sounds great and the recording sounds great. The problem is that after recording on that 1 track, I then have 5 tracks automatically created. Tracks 1, 4 and 5 have audio information and tracks 2 and 3 appear to be empty.

If I were to manually create a stero track by adding 2 tracks and clicking the record icons and selecting "M-Audio Delta ASIO - Left Channel" and "M-Audio Delta ASIO - Right Channel", the audio sounds very bad.

Can someone explain to me what is going on? Do I need 5 tracks for a true stereo sound? I have been away from recording on N-track for a while, and I don't remember my older version of N-track behaving this way. Please assist.
Contact Information:  flourish

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #2
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Dec. 03 2010, 2:41 AM
Former Member

You don't have to make tracks manually and arm them with Ntrack, just press record if your soundcard is set up right it will record the two tracks of audio coming in.

To be sure click the recording VU meter icon at the top.

the VU meter should show up on the side, click the hammer on that, Select I/O channels, make sure you only have one source selected (I don't know which delta you have and how many possible tracks it will send).
With my ONYX mixer I have 8 channels in that area which correspond to 16 mono tracks.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:
Contact Information:  jeremysdemo

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
< Older | Newer >
1 replies since Dec. 03 2010, 1:40 AM
Page 1 of 1 Skip to Page:
  n-Track Studio » n-Track Discussion Forum » n-Track Studio » n-Track Studio Discussion Forum » Stereo forces 5 Tracks? N-Track Studio 4.2.1

© 2014 n-Track Software