Remember Me?

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]
Page 1 of 1 Skip to Page:
< Older | Newer >
Topic: Feature Request. From PACO, FX automation.
Post #1 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Posted On: Nov. 08 2018, 5:41 PM
Yes, that is an AXE in my head, So What?

Group: Members

Member Rating: 1.91

Hello Flavio and the entire n-track team,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not see anywhere in the program that would allow for some FX automation. I would assume this would fall under the same category as volume and pan edits. Is it possible to have edits for FX volume/pans similar to volume and pan edits? Could we take this a step further and have FX panning, FX 5.1 and 7.1 panning with multiple FX edits on the same time line. Confused?

What I'd like to see is when you want to add, be it volume or pan edits via "nodes" that a drop down track, similar to a subdirectory, in this case a track which it shows just the wave form, plays no audio but is instead used solely for volume or pan edits. So an audio track would have theses drop down tracks and image of the wave file from the audio track just to do edits one for volume, one for pans and one for FX or more for FX like, 5.1 or 7.1.

As it stands right now you have to work on the actual audio track and switch back and forth between volume and pan edits, (you can not see volume and pan edits at the same time), in this way all volume, pan and FX edits would be seen as a sub-track, for the sole purpose of editing, one for volume, one for pans and one for FX edits and so forth, all seen at once below the main track of the track your working on. A small icon would hide the "edits" if clicked on.

Two things will happen. Low resources because the edited tracks are not audio tracks but an image of the track your working on, all volume and pan and FX nodes will have there own "fake track" if you want to call it that and the user would be able to see all edits from all 3 or more node types at once with the options to hide all the edits (fake tracks) or allow one edit to be visible or 2 or all, Some further options for this should be considered.

I think this would help very much so because having the extra space and being able to see all node edits. would in my opinion, streamline the node process even further. n-track has the best work flow IMO, this would only enhance it further.

To drive this home, there will be far less mistakes made because the user will nolanger have to switch back and forth between volume and pan edits (hopefully FX edits too) to double check their work, they simply would be able to see the "Whole Picture" with a proper work space for each type of node.

Cheers Flavio

PACO :)

As a side note, I just wanted to share some of the trouble I've had when doing volume or pan nodes. I accidentally moved a wave file out of position without knowing about it because I was zoomed in doing volume nodes, (problem: working on the actual wave file) I have also sliced and moved a file accidently without noticing due the same zoom levels but still the same out come. The problem being  "touching the originating wave file". That's why I think this feature, would improve the editing capabilities by moving the process to a non destructive set of "fake" tracks, where edits can be done without moving/splicing or otherwise accidently "touching the originating wave file." Call it a safe area for node editing...anyways just my thoughts. Cheers :)

M-Audio 49 Keys/Alesis Pad/Yamaha-DTX532K
Mic/Apex/435&180/AT2020
Line 6/UX2/Relay-G30
N.I./Komplete Audio 6/Guitar Rig 5/Pro
Fender 60th Anniversary LE American Stratocaster/Aztec Gold
Gibson Les Paul 120th Anniversary/MinETune/Champagne Grey
Gibson SG 120th Anniversary/MinETune/Coco Brwn/Earvana Nut
Jackson Dinky/DK2M/Trans-Blue/Floyd Rose/Earvana Nut
Fender 300CE/Electric/Acoustic/Quilt Maple/Transparent Blue
Fender Squire Bass/Black/Tortoise Grey PG/EMG-JP4/18V
-
"Never put your head up your ass without a hat, otherwise you'll look like a S.H.I.T head"
-P. Skiinoff '2008
Contact Information:  Paco572

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #2 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Nov. 08 2018, 8:45 PM

No avatar chosen

Member Rating: 1.47

Sound like a good idea to me. :agree:  Here's and additional idea:
I'm not a fan of moving the selection envelope menu to a right click with a node selected. That can cause the node to be moved.  When it comes to placing nodes, I suggest a double click.  The node would be selected with the placement/move ability deactivated  so that the node was selected without being moved.  Once selected hold down the left click to move the node with the change showing up in a box beside the cursor on the track - release the left button to place.  The node would then be inactive.
Along those lines an indicator to show that more than one track are going to be affected by the envelope would solve some of the issues I have accidently created.
Bax :)
Contact Information:  bax3

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #3 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Nov. 09 2018, 11:23 AM
Flavio Antonioli

Group: Super Administrators

Member Rating: 1.25

Paco, Bax,

if I understand well what you mean there are already the "drop-down tracks" you mention, I think we introduced them with version 8: once you're seeing say the volume envelope you can add an additional subtrack with another envelope with the small button in the track's lower left corner, for a graphical explanation see the manual at https://ntrack.com/help/manual.html#programming-volume-envelopes

Automation of FX parameters has been there for a while, see https://ntrack.com/help....omation
Contact Information:  Flavio Antonioli

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #4 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Nov. 09 2018, 7:05 PM

No avatar chosen

Member Rating: 1.47

I posting this so that others can comment should they want.
Thanks Flavio!  Again features I did not know were there.  This raises a couple of issues that I have had for some time:
There is not a Search feature in the manual, at least I have never found it.  An F3 is the only way I can find to do a search ( and I have no idea how to search on my iPad).  I can search by "category" if I know what the category something is, but F3 is the only way to find a specific word or feature.
 Not all features are listed on the main tool bar menus.  I understand the desire to keep the menu manageable, but for long time users to not be able to locate commands or features is an issue.  In my view everything should be on the main menu somewhere - that can be done with sub menus.  It is also difficult to find the location of specific commands from the manual.  For instance I had a hard time finding the feature you referenced because the icon is so small and not where I thought I should look.  Following is the manual information ( the icon will not past to the forum).
"You can also click the Add envelope track icon  to view different envelopes on different tracks:"  And that would be where?
I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere and you referenced it in your post.  But there is no sub-menu under the envelope icon or on the main menu.  It's in the left hand box, which I had never enlarged enough to even know the information on the envelopes was there.  Of course, my point is defeated if I would re- read the manual.  I have no idea when it was updated.
  As you are well aware, I believe n_Track is a wonderful program and the new features are making it even better.  Matter of fact, I could spend hundreds of dollars and not have a program as good with as many features :agree:
 :;):  :;):
Contact Information:  bax3

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #5 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Nov. 11 2018, 7:26 PM
Yes, that is an AXE in my head, So What?

Member Rating: 1.91

Thanks Flavio. 10 years..and I didn't know about FX Automation. Go Figure. Learn something new everyday. Some issue with node editing have been raised in another thread. I posted over their with a suggestion if your interested.

https://forum.ntrack.com/cgi-bin....t=12329

Keep up the good work Flavio,

PACO :)

M-Audio 49 Keys/Alesis Pad/Yamaha-DTX532K
Mic/Apex/435&180/AT2020
Line 6/UX2/Relay-G30
N.I./Komplete Audio 6/Guitar Rig 5/Pro
Fender 60th Anniversary LE American Stratocaster/Aztec Gold
Gibson Les Paul 120th Anniversary/MinETune/Champagne Grey
Gibson SG 120th Anniversary/MinETune/Coco Brwn/Earvana Nut
Jackson Dinky/DK2M/Trans-Blue/Floyd Rose/Earvana Nut
Fender 300CE/Electric/Acoustic/Quilt Maple/Transparent Blue
Fender Squire Bass/Black/Tortoise Grey PG/EMG-JP4/18V
-
"Never put your head up your ass without a hat, otherwise you'll look like a S.H.I.T head"
-P. Skiinoff '2008
Contact Information:  Paco572

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #6
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Apr. 11 2019, 3:05 PM

No avatar chosen

Member Rating: None

Quote: 

Paco, Bax,

if I understand well what you mean there are already the "drop-down tracks" you mention, I think we introduced them with version 8: once you're seeing say the volume envelope you can add an additional subtrack with another envelope with the small button in the track's lower left corner, for a graphical explanation see the manual at https://ntrack.com/help/manual.html#programming https://essaydune.com/

Will the system be updated automatically? I am not sure about the upgrade to the latest version as I had issue previously connected with that.
Contact Information:  robertmanning8

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
< Older | Newer >
5 replies since Nov. 08 2018, 5:41 PM
Page 1 of 1 Skip to Page:

© 2014 n-Track Software