Remember Me?

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]
Page 5 of 6 Skip to Page:
< Older | Newer >
Topic: MIDI_0, WANTED FORMAT ADDITION!
Post #41 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Posted On: Oct. 29 2010, 1:45 AM
Bubbagump

Group: Members

Member Rating: 1.34

I am totally lost as to the point of this exercise.
Contact Information:  Bubbagump

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #42 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Oct. 29 2010, 3:50 AM
Unblown_Jonson
Former Member

Dear Mr. Gump,

Thank you for your concern. Your care and attention to this matter has been outstanding and IS appreciated. You are a prince among men. (In a NON-GAY way... :laugh: )

As for moi? Well, I assume Jermy does indeed have Unblown_Jonson on "Ignore" and he is not reading my replies OR he sees them and is just not commenting. I think we have both provided sufficient information to help the guy out. Just be thankful we're not trying to teach him how to remove the detonator from a WR3 medium-yield thermo-nuclear warhead. Our asses woulda been blown to Venus already...

UJ
Contact Information:  Unblown_Jonson

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #43 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Oct. 29 2010, 6:57 AM
jeremysdemo
Former Member

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Oct. 28 2010, 6:45 PM)

You seemed to imply that other DAWs open up Midi_0 files and all the data or notes are on ONE track, I named 3 were that is not the case, so guess we were looking for a name of even one that does, one name, that's all.

Unless I misread or misunderstood you post, in that case just carry on Oh wayward son, there will be peace when you are done....

keep shinin

jerm :cool:
Contact Information:  jeremysdemo

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #44 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Oct. 29 2010, 9:11 AM
Flavio Antonioli

Group: Super Administrators

Member Rating: 1.25

Importing a MIDI file into a single MIDI track is not difficult to implement, so the next build of v6.1.1 beta will prompt for that when importing a MIDI file (type 0 or type 1), in case this might be useful in some cases. It will set the MIDI channel setting for the track to 'none' so that each MIDI event will play according to its own MIDI channel, i.e. not overridden by the track MIDI channel setting.

Flavio.
Contact Information:  Flavio Antonioli

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #45 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Oct. 29 2010, 3:13 PM
dannyraymilligan

Member Rating: 1.85

Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Oct. 29 2010, 2:11 AM)

Importing a MIDI file into a single MIDI track is not difficult to implement, so the next build of v6.1.1 beta will prompt for that when importing a MIDI file (type 0 or type 1), in case this might be useful in some cases. It will set the MIDI channel setting for the track to 'none' so that each MIDI event will play according to its own MIDI channel, i.e. not overridden by the track MIDI channel setting.

Flavio.

Now Unblown, THIS ^^^ is what Jeremy was referring to. In what other DAW forum do you see the actual CREATOR of the program taking the time to address issues, absorbing feedback and actually making changes to the software in response to requests??? Flavio RULES, buddy, Flavio RULES!!!
Contact Information:  dannyraymilligan

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #46 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Oct. 29 2010, 3:49 PM
Unblown_Jonson
Former Member

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Oct. 29 2010, 8:13 AM)

Now Unblown, THIS ^^^ is what Jeremy was referring to. In what other DAW forum do you see the actual CREATOR of the program taking the time to address issues, absorbing feedback and actually making changes to the software in response to requests??? Flavio RULES, buddy, Flavio RULES!!!

Well since you ask;

YES!! He DOES hang out on the forum... and a helluva lot more OFTEN than this developer does.

You're obviously speaking from ignorance. How often do you hang out over there? Yeah... NEVER even been there... that's what I thought. This is a lousy point you're not going to "win" so I suggest dropping it?

Don't get pissed off at me. YOU asked the question... not ME. Facts are facts slick.

UJ

PS Let me add... Yes Flavio does indeed "RULE". He seems a great guy and a decent programmer. What do you want them to do? Get together and thumb wrestle for world DAW-manation?
Contact Information:  Unblown_Jonson

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #47 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Oct. 29 2010, 4:26 PM
Bubbagump

Member Rating: 1.34

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 28 2010, 11:57 PM)

You seemed to imply that other DAWs open up Midi_0 files and all the data or notes are on ONE track, I named 3 were that is not the case, so guess we were looking for a name of even one that does, one name, that's all.

Unless I misread or misunderstood you post, in that case just carry on Oh wayward son, there will be peace when you are done....

keep shinin

Yes, Reaper has the option do this or break it up by channel. Why the Inspector Cluzo into a simple feature? You seem to be trying to prove something that doesn't need to be proven.
Contact Information:  Bubbagump

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #48 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Oct. 29 2010, 6:04 PM
jeremysdemo
Former Member

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Oct. 29 2010, 9:26 AM)

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Oct. 28 2010, 11:57 PM)

keep shinin

Yes, Reaper has the option do this or break it up by channel. Why the Inspector Cluzo into a simple feature? You seem to be trying to prove something that doesn't need to be proven.

I was actually trying to understand something that was not understood.

It's a lot easier to do that when you can look at the evidence and see the function in motion, in this case the function of how Midi_0 files are displayed in different DAW's.

Sure you can take anothers word for it, but I tried it in three of the DAW's I use most often and it did not happen, hence the asking for a name of one program that it does happen in, since you seemed to possess that knowledge and I did not.

I'm not trying to prove anything about anything I just want to observe the feature myself in a DAW and until now I didn't have one or even a name of one that did it, and for that I thank you, and Flavio.

Living, learning, Loving.

keep shinin

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #49 Skip to the next post in this topic.
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Oct. 29 2010, 6:06 PM
jeremysdemo
Former Member

Flavio.

Your efforts are appreciated!  :agree:

keep shinin

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB  
Post #50
Skip to the previous post in this topic. Posted On: Oct. 29 2010, 10:29 PM
jeremysdemo
Former Member

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Oct. 29 2010, 8:13 AM)

Flavio.

Sounds like you don't have your can if [ignore]© cracked... :(

that can make for a bad day.... :angry:

Allow me to offer you your first six pack.

[ignore][ignore]
[ignore][ignore]
[ignore][ignore]

enjoy.

keep shinin

• AOL  AOL:
  • ICQ  ICQ:
  • MSN  MSN:
  • YIM  Yahoo:
WEB